Our team brings together a powerful and diverse background of experience which has resulted in the growth of a legal practice committed to excellence, both in the representation of clients and in service to the community.
Jamie Julia Finizio Bascombe, Esq.
Jamie Julia Finizio Bascombe was admitted to the Florida Bar in 1993. She is a practicing member of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida Federal Court since 1994 and is admitted to practice in front of the the United States Supreme Court. She earned her undergraduate degree from the University of Florida in Business Administration with a major in Finance in 1989. .She then studied law at Nova Southeastern University Law School where she served on Law Review for two years and graduated as a Senior Member of the Nova Law Review. Her participation in Moot Court Competitions and American Trial Lawyer’s Association (ATLA) trial competitions resulted in great reviews and lead Jamie to her career in trial work. Even prior to Law school graduation, Jamie served as a Certified Legal Intern with the Broward County State Attorney’s Office where she prosecuted over 100 cases and tried over 20 jury trial matters and numerous bench trials, eager to take on as much as possible to hone her skills. Jamie completed a semester internship in London with an English Solicitor’s Law Firm where she assisted in Barrister tried and Solicitor prepared cases in various London courts and studied the English legal system and a comparison of the two legal systems.
Throughout her extensive legal career Jamie has litigated and tried both Defense and Plaintiff personal injury, insurance dispute, commercial dispute cases and has handled Bad Faith insurance matters. Retained by insurance carriers to litigate their cases, Jamie provides her clients with excellent results as an advocate that garners respect from both sides of the case and from the Judiciary. Jamie has been awarded fees and costs by the court in various lawsuits and has been retained to testify as a Fee Expert in court on numerous occasions throughout the South Florida Tri-County area. Her list of cases include numerous high profile wrongful death and significant injury cases involving drunk driver deaths, workplace and construction catastrophic accidents and complex negligence claims against entities. Jamie has parlayed her advocacy in achieving excellent case results into positive changes in the law through her legislative efforts, as well.
Jamie is deeply rooted in her community and her reach is national through her lifetime of involvement and exposure through various organizations. Her professional affiliations include and have included the Florida Bar Board of Governors, the Federal Bar Southern District of Florida, The American Bar Association, The Florida Justice Association,, The American Trial Lawyers Association, The Broward County Bar Association as an Executive Board Member of the Broward County Bar Association Young Lawyer Division, The Broward County Hispanic Bar Association, The Broward County Trial Lawyers Association, the Brazilian-American Chamber of Commerce, the British American Chamber of Commerce and the list goes on extensively. Jamie has served Legal Aid Services and Broward Lawyer’s Care over the years and has been recognized for her dedication to ensure legal representation to the economically disadvantaged of Broward County.
Jamie’s community advocacy is also all encompassing and consistent with her firm mission. She has served for over 25 years as a Board member, Advisor and Chair of the Board for 2 terms for the Broward Pace Center for Girls not for profit state wide organization. She has served the Lighthouse for the Blind of Broward as a Chairperson and advocate for over 10 years. Jamie has served and supported the Florida Grand Opera and Symphony of the Americas for over 25 years.
Jamie has served 4 terms as a Florida Bar Board of Governor’s Young Lawyer Division Circuit Delegate. She was appointed by the Florida Bar and the late esteemed Judge Henry Lattimer to the original Florida Bar Attorney Dispute Arbitration panel that was implemented to assist attorneys in resolving their own disputes. Jamie is respected by her peers in the Bar as well as the Judiciary.
Jamie was appointed and reappointed by 3 Florida Governors for terms equalling 10 years of service to the 17th Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission (JNC) where she served her legal community and worked tirelessly to vet and recommend to the Governor’s office applicants to fill the bench with qualified Judiciary to serve her community. Jamie has served as President of the Broward County Women Lawyers’ Association and has held nearly every position within the organization and continues to serve on the board mentoring new members and current members. Jamie created and founded a Scholarship program in 2002 for FAWL Broward, knows as the Rising Star Scholarship, that has benefited numerous law students over the years and is still in effect.
Jamie is fluent in Spanish and has a conversant working knowledge of Portuguese and Italian, due to her international studies and legal work in foreign countries.
Areas of Expertise
- Personal Injury/Tort Litigation
- Insurance Litigation
- Employee injury/Workman’s Compensation
- Commercial Litigation
- Victim crime representation/Sexual Assault actions
- Aviation Litigation
- Nova University, J.D., 1993, Law Review;Scholarship recipient
- University of Florida, 1989, BSBA Degree, Finance Major
- Centro Linguistico Italiano, Dante Alighieri School, Firenze(Florence),Italy, Italian Language Exchange Program 1988
- La Universidad de Los Andes/The University of Los Andes, Bogota Colombia, South America, Spanish Fluency Exchange Student
- Recipient of the Broward County Crime Commission Community Service Award 2018, Recognized by the Commision and South Florida Community for legal advocacy for victims of crimes
- Recipient of the Broward County Bar Association Lynn Futch Cooney Professionalism Award by the Broward County Bar Association, voted on by the Broward Bar Association Board 2014
- Recipient of the Broward County Hispanic Bar Association Bravo Community Award recognizing service to the Hispanic Community as an attorney and advisor 2015
- Recipient of the Florida Association of Women Lawyers Leaders in the Law Statewide Award 2011
- Recipient of the Pace Center for Girls statewide Advocacy Spirit Award and Leo Goodwin Community Cares Outstanding Community Partner award
- Recipient of the March of Dimes of Broward Women of Distinction award 2004
- Recipient of the Healthy Mothers/Healthy Babies Mother of the Year award 2005
- Recipient of (NAWBO) National Association of Women Business Owners 2000 Vision in Service to Association Award
- Recipient of Nomination Award for the Arthur E. Turner Entrepreneur of the Year Award 1999